BFI is Back!
by Adam / May 3, 2016
UPDATED June 28, 2016
Despite damage from the March 9 gas explosion, we are still at work! Most recently:
- Summer workshops are under way! Programs are filling up fast! Check here to see the list and register! We now meet just a mile south of our old spot at the Phinney Neighborhood Association, just off of Phinney Ave N and 67th St N at 6532 Phinney Ave N.
- Tutoring and field trips will resume in the fall.
- We are planning and hoping to move back into our space in July. Check back for updates!
- The Greenwood Space Travel Supply Co., including the online store, is closed until further notice, EXCEPT that you can buy our latest extravaganza publication, Encyclopedia Greenwoodia, here now! All proceeds go to Greenwood relief.
Want to help us rebuild?
- Donate here!
- Check out Encyclopedia Greenwoodia, our new book celebrating the neighborhood! Buy the book online or at Greenwood businesses. All proceeds support the Greenwood Emergency Relief Fund.
Thank you to the Phinney Neighborhood Association for accommodating us! Please consider supporting PNA's relief fund to help all those affected by the gas explosion.
For the latest news, please follow our Facebook and Twitter pages. You can keep up on the Greenwood Space Travel Supply on their Facebook and Twitter pages as well. (Really, we're all the same company, but it's fun to talk about ourselves in the third person.)
The back story (as we writers say): On Wednesday, March 9, a natural gas explosion just across the street from our headquarters blew in our front windows, causing significant damage to our store and its inventory, our tutoring space, our offices and the Geoduck Publishing Company.
Greenwood Space Travel Supply is unfortunately unable to sell items from the areas that were damaged, which includes basically our entire inventory. If you find yourself in need of space travel supplies, the nearest alternative is Gus's Space Travel Emporium in the Andromeda Galaxy.
Last but certainly not least, continued thanks to the BFI and GSTS community, staff, volunteers and friends, for all of your kind thoughts and help. We stay Fearless because of you.